Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year Rants

You know what?  Blogging is a pain in the butt.  Writing for that matter is an even bigger pain in the butt.  Do you know how many great ideas and comments I have every second of every day but then when you want to put them on paper, or on a computer screen, it's nearly impossible at times. 

Take New Year's Eve for example.  I was in Moscow on New Year's, the one place I didn't really want to be, but when push came to shove, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.  The whole day was note worthy and memoriable but then when I sat down to write it all down, all I could come up with is, "uh, I have no voice, my head hurts and I would totally kill for some green chili right about now, but wait, I live in a place where that's impossible to find." Or something even more lame like, "best New Year's EVER!" Yes, because EVER clearly envelopes the whole series of emotions a person can feel.  New Year's Eve was great because all the cliche things that were supposed to happen, pretty much did.  The only thing that didn't happen was the great kiss at midnight, but that's beside the point.  So you may be asking yourself, how does one go about having a great night on this totally overrated holiday?  Just follow these ten easy steps:
1) You get all dolled up, prom style
2) have an alcoholic beverage at 5pm
3) race to the store and fight people for even more bottles of alcohol
4) have another drink once you leave the store- this is a way of bragging to others that you have beer and they don't
5) take pictures of your sexy dolled up self with alcohol on the metro or marshrutka (if you don't know this word, see my previous blog)
6) pout about having to walk in the snow, but have a drink because it's been twentry whole minutes since you tasted the sweetness of wine
7) take more pictures and make jokes that no one understands
8) arrive at party
9) start some unnecessary drama because the sweet wine is now making into a complete drama queen
10) start making fun of everyone and their accents, then drink some more and take random pictures of salads and bottles and people's shoes

So this was how I spent December 31.  Much to everyone's disappointment, the world did not end.  And thank goodness for that because I've been really good about paying my students loans and I would have been so annoyed knowing that I could have saved all that money to go to Thailand or Cambodia.  Which actually got me thinking: how come no one thought the world would end in 2013?  After all, this is the year with the fatal number 13...no one ever thought that was strange?  Not that I believe in such superstitious  nonsence, because the world is clearly going to end when aliens tap into the Bluetooth devices and Apples that half the world has in their pockets and turn them into evil zombie alien hybrids.

 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like our Vegas trip. But what about getting kissed at midnight? ;)

    ReplyDelete